Quality of life & symptom management
|The 2018 Australian ‘Gut Feelings’ Survey examined the opinions & experiences of 770 Australians toward Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - related symptoms, management & impact on quality of life1. Survey respondents had experienced constipation, diarrhoea, bloating, or abdominal pain or discomfort for > 3 months, which may indicate IBS2.|
- 55% of respondents said that living with IBS affects their love life & family time
- 52% reported not feeling themselves when experiencing IBS symptoms
- 67% said IBS affects their social lives with 1 in 3 avoiding social events due to their symptoms.
- 3 in 4 respondents had tried at least once unsuccessfully, to relieve their symptoms &
- Up to 80% said their symptoms were insufficiently managed during a flare-up
Is your IBS affecting your quality of life?
If so, ask your healthcare professional if Energast would be right for you.
Energast supports the dietary management of gastrointestinal disorders including IBS.
1. The 2018 ‘Gut Feelings’ Survey. YouGov Galaxy Online Omnibus, 30 August – 9 September 2018. N = 770, data weighted to reflect the latest ABS population estimates
2. Lacy BE, Patel NK. Rome Criteria and a Diagnostic Approach to Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Weber HC, ed. Journal of Clinical Medicine. 2017;6(11):99. doi:10.3390/jcm6110099